Do you love to kick up your heels and dance? Does planning a party for adults who have developmental disabilities sound like a great way to give back? Then please consider joining the Koinonia Spring Fling Volunteer planning committee!
The Koinonia “Spring Fling” dance is a annual event held in April or May each year, this year we are looking at May dates. It is a signature party, enjoyed by hundreds of adults who have developmental disabilities. The event typically will include music, lots of dancing, and light refreshments.
You’ll get to help decide all the important details – like venue, food, entertainment, and theme. This year we’re trying to find a venue in an exciting place – like downtown Cleveland, the flats, etc., and offer our guests a more varied menu then the pizza that has traditionally been served at this event.
To join our volunteer force:
- Plan to come to our Community Meetings scheduled at the Parma Snow Library, meeting room A on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 7th at 7:00 PM
- Thursday, March 2nd at 7:00 PM
- Thursday, April 6th at 7:00 PM
- OR, if you can’t make it to the meetings, contact Koinonia Marketing Coordinator Cheryl Senko at (216) 588-8777 ext. 350 or via e-mail at Cheryl.Senko@Koinoniahomes.org and participate remotely! We still want your ideas and community connections.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a short-term volunteer experience that can have a huge positive impact on hundreds of adults who have developmental disabilities. Come out and join us!